Friday, October 9, 2009

We're So Glad When Daddy Comes Home!



It was a shocking phone call when James told the kids they would be seeing daddy soon. At this point, I yanked the phone away in confusion (how could you be telling them this? I thought. How rude!) and asked him to clarify. Sure enough, James explained he'd been accepted to Weapon School in Las Vegas and, though it doesn't start until January, would need to return back to Tucson to do some preliminary training. Well, Holy Crap! The 6 month deployment just turned into 3 months!

It's so nice to be able to talk to the kids about daddy freely now. The conversation was pretty limited trying to explaine that "daddy is far far away" and always "flying planes in Afghanistan." Now it's all about daddy coming home! If any 2 year olds can have a heart attack, I believe Claire and Clay will, upon seeing their dad! I think they are going to give great big hugs...and probably not let go :). Wife included :D

3 comments:

porter and karla said...

oh that is wonderful news!!! and it looks like we will get to see you!!! porter is excited too:)let us know if you need any help with anything when you get here to tucson. . .rides,unloading,twin watching. . .

Sandra Nixon said...

great post, i was stoaked (and jealous!) when i found out he was coming home early too. cant wait to see you guys!

Lindsay said...

I love the advent calendar. I am assuming the candy is for Clay and Claire. How wonderful that James is coming home. Let me know when you're back and I'll head down to Tucson for a visit. I want to go down but need a reason.