Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day without daddy

Our first official deployment has begun and so I have packed up the kids and made a run for Utah- to live with Grandma and Grandpa while James serves his time in Afghanistan. We are certainly enjoying the cooler weather than Tucson had to offer and we love having cousing near by to play with.
It will be tough for the kids to be without dad for 6+ months, but I'm sure we'll all get through it just fine, thanks to loving family and great friends!

4 comments:

Adrian said...

You ARE alive! I wondered if you made it to Utah! We sure miss you but wish you well while James is deployed. What a sad Father’s Day for your kids! Good thing there is lots of other family around to keep them busy! Cute pics! Keep ‘em coming!

Niki said...

We miss you!!! I am glad that you are surviving James being gone, and that you have family and friends around to help with the twins squared! I am jealous that you get to hang out with Erin and June. Tell them hi for me!

The Wills Family! said...

Hey, I'd love to come see you -- meet you at a park or something. Email me your number and I'll give you a call :) brookewills@gmail.com

Lindsay said...

I'm glad to see all is well. It also looks like the babies may be sitting up by now. Keep in touch. I'm also glad your house is rented.